Newark Castle Cycling Club is both Go-Ride registered and has Clubmark accreditation. British Cycling's Go-Ride programme incorporates Sport England's Clubmark scheme, which is a cross-sport quality accreditation for clubs with junior sections.
Clubmark accreditation recognises that our club observes best practice in child protection, coaching and competition, equity and club management.
For parents or young cyclists, this provides confidence to know that their local Go-Ride Club is safe, well-managed and an exciting place to be.
In becoming a Go-Ride Clubmark Club, our club demonstrated that it met a number of criteria:
- At least one British Cycling qualified coach who has attended a Level 2 Cycling Coaching Award.
Newark has 4 level 2 coaches
- A club welfare officer who has attended a Safeguarding young person workshop.
Newark has 2 Welfare Officers
- Adopted British Cycling’s equality policy.
- Documentation of the club management structure, providing published membership fee and pricing policy for young people
- Evidence of an open and inclusive constitution, and regular communication with members
- Provide regular (equivalent of 25 sessions per year) coaching sessions for young people in a traffic free environment.
Newark provides all year round coaching – in addition to providing further opportunities such as experiencing track cycling